Public Works Department
300 PARK STREET
The Public Works Department provides many services for village residents. Refuse is collected curbside, leaves are collected curbside in the fall of each year, brush is collected curbside on Wednesdays, and large rubbish is collected on the 2nd Friday of each month.
Each Tuesday = properties west of Park Street & businesses with the following additions east of Park Street.
- Buchanan Road – North of Paul Court
Each Thursday = properties east of, and including Park Street & businesses with the exceptions listed above for Tuesday.
All residents must use the 60-gallon polycart that has been provided by the village. Trash not in the cart will not be collected.
All refuse must be placed for collection by 6:30 a.m. on the day of collection, but not before 12:00 p.m. of the day preceding the regularly scheduled collection (19 hours). View Calendar.
Do not place any building materials in the polycart. Village ordinance provides that “The Village of Combined Locks does not pick up building materials–siding, roofing, plaster, ceiling tile, insulation, concrete, dirt, windows, doors, etc.”
2022+ Capital Improvement Plan Coming Soon
Outagamie County Recycling & Solid Waste
RENEW OUR WATERS
Large Rubbish Collection:
Furniture, mattresses, carpet, and appliances are collected curbside on the 2nd Friday of each month. (Check the Recycling and Large Rubbish Calendar for specific dates). To have your appliance picked up, you must first pay the applicable fee at the Clerk’s Office. Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, and other appliances with freon or other refrigerant cost $20 each. Stoves, microwaves, washers, dryers, furnaces, etc cost $20. Propane tanks cost $5 each. There is no charge for furniture or carpet.
Leaves are collected curbside from mid-October to mid-November. Residents who want to take advantage of this service should rake leaves into the street at the curb and gutter line. Please make sure the leaf piles are kept low so that children cannot be hidden from motorists’ view and kept close to the curb so as not to interfere with traffic. No other debris (sticks, branches, or yard waste) should be placed at the curb for collection.
The village has adopted this brush collection procedures to help streamline the delivery of that service.
The procedure is as follows:
- There will be weekly brush collection, each Wednesday, April through July.
- Beginning in August, brush will be collected on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month through the first Wednesday in November.
- The first Wednesday of November is the last normal collection day for brush.
- The village will collect Christmas trees after the holidays.
- Residents are required to call the village at 788-7740 ext. 1 to request collection of brush. Residents must call by no later than 3:00pm on the day before collection.
- All brush must be on the terrace as of 6:30am on the collection day.
- The Village does not provide curbside collection of yard waste. Residents must purchase an annual $5 yard waste site permit and take the items to the yard waste site on their own.
Brush Collection Rules
a) Brush that is 2′ – 4′ in length must be placed curbside in bundles that are no larger than 2′ in diameter and must be tied with twine or string.
b) Larger brush material must be piled in a manner that all cut ends are facing in one direction along the length of the terrace area.
c) Curbside brush collection >does not include: collecting materials that have been cleared or removed from vacant land; materials that have been cut by a commercial tree service and does not include bushes, shrubs, vines, or hedge/tree clippings.
Curbside recycling pick-up is sponsored by Outagamie County. For more information regarding recycling, household hazardous waste disposal, and landfill regulations visit Outagamie County Solid Waste Department’s website at www.RecycleMoreOutgamie.org
Also, check out the latest Tri-County Recycling Guide